The legal profession is changing fast. Change it with us!
Do you share our ambition to lead the change in the legal industry? Do you want to help the companies of the future as part of a fast-growing team of legal renegades? Are you curious about what the legal workplace of the future will look like?
Forget stiff legal offices and boring memos full of ‘it depends’.
For more than five years, LEXR is re-inventing the way legal services are delivered. Working with LEXR means being part of a modern, motivated and inclusive team that works with the high-growth companies of the future. We are a bunch of mad enough professionals that dared to take the leap from a traditional career into shaping an exciting future for our customers and ourselves: We are dedicated to designing new and innovative legal solutions, re-thinking legal delivery, and creating a better user experience for tech companies. We are now looking for a motivated and hungry self-starter with the work ethic, passion, and grit to take on the challenge of building a better future for lawyers and customers alike.
What you will be doing
- Advisor to the companies of the future: As a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs and decision-makers, you will provide fast-growing startups and established companies with the expertise and counsel they need to achieve their vision, from incorporation to financing rounds to successful exits.
- Expert: You will further develop your core expertise mainly in fields such as startup financing and M&A transactions, general corporate matters, and commercial contracts.
- Leader: We encourage personal growth by building leadership skills in real-world settings. You will learn how to lead projects and manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Business (wo)man: You will spot growth opportunities, develop new products and help extend LEXR’s customer base through marketing and business development activities.
What is required
- Fluent in English as well as either German or French and good understanding of another Swiss national language: You will be working with both local and international clients, but most matters will pertain to the Swiss market, for which you need fluent French or German skills.
- Experience: It’s essential that you have an excellent academic track record in the field of corporate law and can demonstrate knowledge in questions surrounding corporate, VC, and M&A topics.
- Growth mindset: We’re looking for legal minds that see opportunities despite being trained to focus on risks – strike the right balance and be driven for continuous personal and professional growth.
- Attention to detail: Providing actionable legal advice goes much farther than reciting the law. At LEXR, we dig deeper and work harder to provide the best solutions to our customers, which requires diligence and attention to the minutiae of every case.
- Business sense: We advise entrepreneurs and established corporations. To provide actionable and valuable legal advice to businesses, you need to have a basic understanding of how the business world works.
- Team spirit: You will be working side by side with customers and team members alike. You are humble, positive, open, and enjoy getting to know what makes people tick.
- IT affinity: We are 99% digital and constantly test out new tools to improve our work environment and customer experience. Proficiency in MS Office is a must; any additional IT skills are a plus.
What you will get
- Exciting work: We do much more than automating the mundane part of legal. You will advise the exciting businesses of the future and work directly with the entrepreneurs and decision-makers.
- Become an entrepreneur: We don’t believe in micro-management. Every LEXR team member is encouraged to take ownership of their work, bring in their own ideas, and have a positive impact.
- Team spirit and open structures: When you join LEXR, you become part of a driven, self-motivated, stimulating, and welcoming team that works together to achieve amazing things. We foster comradery with regular team events and trips to startup hubs (we’ve already been to Lisbon, Tel Aviv, Berlin, Swiss alps, and Ticino). Also, expect your voice to be heard from day one and flat hierarchies.
- Competitive pay: You will receive a competitive salary package with a market-standard base salary plus bonus and equity.
- Location independence: We offer state-of-the-art offices in the heart of Lausanne and Zurich and a fully digitized work infrastructure to set you free to change your work setting from time to time. Free www.outsite.co membership is included.
- Training and development: A legal career is all about continuously striving to learn, grow and get better. We invest in our people with regular training sessions and courses that encourage them to thrive.
Apply for this job by sending an e-mail including your cover letter, CV, and credentials to [email protected]